Sony has unveiled an iPhone-compatible clock radio. It's also taken the wraps of its first ever DAB clock radio too. Sony_iphone Sony's ICF-ClipMK2: welcome, iPhone The iPhone clock radio, dubbed the ICF-ClipMK2, comes with a wireless remote for controlling all the iPhone’s audio functions. The dock also accepts iPods, if you …
Why not DAB in iPod dock?
If they had put DAB in the one with the ipod dock and kept the price below £70 I would have been tempted.
As Honda put it, 'AND' is a much better word than 'OR'
I couldn't care less about iPod docks, but the DAB unit looks the business. If it's got RCA outputs then I might just be sold, since £60 is a lot less than the going rate for hi-fi DAB tuners and this will take up far less space.
Thumbs up, but only because of the lack of an undecided/'Meh!' icon.
"£60 is a lot less than the going rate for hi-fi DAB tuners"
But it's much more than the going rate for any other sort of DAB receiver, and the compression artifacts are going to swamp any minute differences in audio performance between sets. Just plug your amplifier into the headphone socket - and a pocket receiver will take up much less space than this device.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base