Dell has rolled out its latest gaming PC, the XPS 630, which should tick most of the boxes for the target audience. Dell XPS 630 Dell's XPS 630: case lighting effects for boy racers The system's based on Nvidia's nForce 650 SLI chipset, so it's ready to be configured with a range of Intel CPUs - including overclock-friendly …
Now there's a surprise
Prices from $1,249 (£635) in the US but starting at £849 on the Dell UK site.
US Prices tend to exclude taxes whist UK (consumer) prices must include all taxes and delivery costs by law.
If US tax rates were the same as those in the UK (17.5%) then the system cost would be £746. Dell also charge £50 for delivery, so although the US system is definitely cheaper, the price differential is less than the quoted prices suggest.
£50 difference is still pretty hefty though.
Go for the DIY version?
Must admit that im tempted by this...
I specced up the equivalent on ebuyer (was on the site at the time so thought id waste some time at work...) and it works out slightly cheaper than Dell...but whats new.
Overall a nice little rig in my opinion. The other XPS options are pretty sweet too, if youre looking for a nice gaming setup, though get a little more pricey!
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat