Dell has rolled out its latest gaming PC, the XPS 630, which should tick most of the boxes for the target audience. Dell XPS 630 Dell's XPS 630: case lighting effects for boy racers The system's based on Nvidia's nForce 650 SLI chipset, so it's ready to be configured with a range of Intel CPUs - including overclock-friendly …
Now there's a surprise
Prices from $1,249 (£635) in the US but starting at £849 on the Dell UK site.
US Prices tend to exclude taxes whist UK (consumer) prices must include all taxes and delivery costs by law.
If US tax rates were the same as those in the UK (17.5%) then the system cost would be £746. Dell also charge £50 for delivery, so although the US system is definitely cheaper, the price differential is less than the quoted prices suggest.
£50 difference is still pretty hefty though.
Go for the DIY version?
Must admit that im tempted by this...
I specced up the equivalent on ebuyer (was on the site at the time so thought id waste some time at work...) and it works out slightly cheaper than Dell...but whats new.
Overall a nice little rig in my opinion. The other XPS options are pretty sweet too, if youre looking for a nice gaming setup, though get a little more pricey!
- iPad is an iFAD: Now we know why Apple went running to IBM
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball