After a year chock-full of software acquisitions, Dell is ready to go public on its plans for flogging web-hosted services. At a San Francisco press gig on Tuesday, Dell president of global services Steve Schuckenbrock said the company will move into web-hosted IT monitoring and tech support. Not unexpected in the slightest, …
am I missing something?
interesting article. I read it twice to make sure I didn't just overlook it, but I can't find the word "channel" or "VAR" anywhere in this article. In contrast, it sort of sounds like Dell is explicitly bypassing the channel and going straight to the end-user. Which is the same beef VARs have with Microsoft Live. Sounds like a trend to me. First we had proprietary SW lock-in that gobbled up all the profits and left nothing but services for the VAR, now we've got big-vendor SaaS "lock-out" stealing the services
Where's the open source platform for VARs to offer their own hosted services?
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth