After a year chock-full of software acquisitions, Dell is ready to go public on its plans for flogging web-hosted services. At a San Francisco press gig on Tuesday, Dell president of global services Steve Schuckenbrock said the company will move into web-hosted IT monitoring and tech support. Not unexpected in the slightest, …
am I missing something?
interesting article. I read it twice to make sure I didn't just overlook it, but I can't find the word "channel" or "VAR" anywhere in this article. In contrast, it sort of sounds like Dell is explicitly bypassing the channel and going straight to the end-user. Which is the same beef VARs have with Microsoft Live. Sounds like a trend to me. First we had proprietary SW lock-in that gobbled up all the profits and left nothing but services for the VAR, now we've got big-vendor SaaS "lock-out" stealing the services
Where's the open source platform for VARs to offer their own hosted services?
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst