Residents of Sadville will soon be able to get out more, thanks to a mobile version of their virtual utopia currently being beta-tested by mobile software house Vollee. Meanwhile, grown-up social networkers using LinkedIn can already access those vital business contacts while on the move. Mobile social networking is supposed to …
happy happy joy joy
"Vollee reckons it can get any PC title working on a mobile by shifting all the processing onto its servers and just running the display on a mobile with a thin client, over a 3G network connection."
-Any- PC title? I'm sure Crysis running on their thin client will be a lag free frag fest... round trip time on 3G can be up to a second... and let's not forget about the higher than usual packet loss...
I think not - it is dead easy to cancel any relationship in two clicks.
Get A Life on mobes?
"So put in your earplugs,
Put on your eyeshades,
You know where to put the cork!"
Resides quite nicely on my Palm Lifedrive as both a Palm document and a "word to go' TM .doc.
And no one else sees it unless I want them to.
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Review Raspberry Pi B+: PHWOAR, get a load of those pins
- Experimental hypersonic SUPERMISSILE destroyed 4 SECONDS after US launched it
- That 8TB Seagate MONSTER? It's HERE... (You'll have to squint, 'cos there are no specs)