back to article Venturi Mini in-car FM music streamer

This is one of those gadgets that doesn't really fit into any pre-existing category largely due to it actually being three things in one: a standalone hands-free phone device, an RDS FM music streamer and, by way of its USB port, a charger. Out of the box, the Venturi is about the size of an average candybar mobile phone, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. dervheid
    Thumb Up

Nice, but...

not going to be too much use if your 'cigarette lighter' / power socket happens to be in an out of the way place (ie, like mine, WAY down between the front seats). That aside, for the price, pretty damn good. I'd buy one, but for the aforementioned problemo!

2. Jon Green

If your "cigar lighter" socket's inconvenient...

...you can buy a socket extender from more-or-less any car parts place that will put a socket where you _do_ want it!

3. dervheid
    Thumb Up

DUH!

I didn't fink of dat one!

Now I go beat head wiv rock.

Just spotted the actual price (£80) too. Mis-read it earlier as £13 ('s not been a good day today!!). F**k that! Commitment to buy recinded.

PS. There's not really any suitable free space on my dash for ANYTHING, hence the earlier comment (DUH)

Hope my brain's back in service (well, more than today anyway) tomorrow.

4. Jason Harvey

umm... nice toy, but...

too many functions for me. my phone does well with the handsfree stuff by itself. and for an FM transmitting media streamer... the line out port is nice, but if you're getting it to hook up something like an Ipod to a stereo that has an Aux input, there are adapters that are much cheaper than this... and for those with stereos without Aux inputs, the FM transmitter is nice... but I already have a Mach Speed that works pretty good (dunno if it's the old stock radio it's being used with or the device itself), but the volume could be a little higher on it. but for $20(~£10) it works great. and that's a far cry from $160(£80).

I'm sure there's a market for it, niche as it may be, though.

5. Myself

So, the RDS then...

Does AVRCP or A2DP provide the name of the content being played, and does the gizmo then forward that over RDS to the head unit? Or did they use an RDS-capable transmitter solely so they could say "Hello Venturi"?

6. yet another Matt
    Joke

Missed a few tricks

They went so far as to put a USB charger in, but no mass storage access? - that I can see mentioned on their site anyhow.

And the phone book doesn't work on Nokias.

Maybe these will appear on the Venturi (Maxi|Nano|Shuffle|Micro|Touch|v2)

@Myself - it does tell you what song is playing, it has a fair amount of info on their site

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like