Novell wants to buy the Toronto-based virtualization firm PlateSpin for $205m cash. And you know what, they probably will. The Linux vendor said the to-be-acquired company will continue to operate in its Canadian headquarters, with business cards swapped to the Linux vendor's Systems and Resource Management business unit. The …
Could pay $205m
.... or get something for free instead:
$205M for a $20M turnover!! Expected to make $35M in 2008, hardly the growth patterns of companies in the Virtualization space?
Seems Novell are desperate to be considered in the Virtualization space, not much for VMware to be scared of with this purchase:-)
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby