Every office has a luddite, even an organisation so devoted to the new and the technological as Register Hardware. There's always at least one person who clings to his or her fear and loathing of some aspect of the modern world. For instance, whenever a new satnav system would arrive here, our very own exemplar of the breed …
Having to travel in Brum, with the A38 flyovers and tunnels, this could be a god send. The wife will love it!
Don't expect to use it for a holiday in the Channel Islands or on the Isle of Man.
I'm shopping for some GPS software for my Athena. Was thinking TomTom, but if I can get a mobile version of this...
look kids, Big Ben ...
Is it a coincidence that all the British POIs are those mentioned in Griswold's National Lampoons European Vacation (starring Chevy Chase, Beverly d'Angelo etc)? Big Ben, Houses of Parliament, Stonehenge ...
The only must-have feature I've seen in a GPS is the ability to create and download custom voice command patterns.
"Mr. T pity the foo' who don't turn left in 300 yards!"
"Hmm, in 300 yards, left turn you must make!"
A friend's GPS has this and it's fantastic. The only problem is that you find yourself busting a gut every time you're about to make a turn, because somehow Mr. T or Yoda bellowing / graveling the directions is always a surprise.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- Opinion So, Apple won't sell cheap kit? Prepare the iOS garden wall WRECKING BALL
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)