Want an HD TV on the cheap? Asus this week launched a box that'll turn a standard flat-panel PC monitor into a hi-def telly. There's an element of 'solution seeking problem' here, we think. But bear with Asus for the moment. Its HDTV Suite-HDMI - as the box is called - incoporates inputs for HDMI, VGA/DVI, TV aerial, RCA stereo …
How much will it cost?
HDCP mishaps ahoy?
Does this thing naughtily perform HDCP handshaking and then pass it on an encryption-free signal?
Because if you need your monitor to be HDCP-compliant, you might as well just plug your device straight in, surely?
Basically an upscaling Freeview box with a monitor output?
Should be about 50 quid at a guess.
This could be a cheap and quick way to put better TV in the bedroom and put some of my extra monitors to use.
This could be a cheap and quick way to put better TV my living room as monitors are much cheaper than LCD tellys.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Massive! Yahoo! Mail! outage! going! on! FOURTH! straight! day!
- Bring it on, stream biz Aereo tells TV barons – see you in Supreme Court