Want an HD TV on the cheap? Asus this week launched a box that'll turn a standard flat-panel PC monitor into a hi-def telly. There's an element of 'solution seeking problem' here, we think. But bear with Asus for the moment. Its HDTV Suite-HDMI - as the box is called - incoporates inputs for HDMI, VGA/DVI, TV aerial, RCA stereo …
How much will it cost?
HDCP mishaps ahoy?
Does this thing naughtily perform HDCP handshaking and then pass it on an encryption-free signal?
Because if you need your monitor to be HDCP-compliant, you might as well just plug your device straight in, surely?
Basically an upscaling Freeview box with a monitor output?
Should be about 50 quid at a guess.
This could be a cheap and quick way to put better TV in the bedroom and put some of my extra monitors to use.
This could be a cheap and quick way to put better TV my living room as monitors are much cheaper than LCD tellys.
- Updated HIDDEN packet sniffer spy tech in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- NOW we know why Apple went running to IBM: iPad is an iFAD
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion
- Black Hat anti-Tor talk smashed by lawyers' wrecking ball