Want an HD TV on the cheap? Asus this week launched a box that'll turn a standard flat-panel PC monitor into a hi-def telly. There's an element of 'solution seeking problem' here, we think. But bear with Asus for the moment. Its HDTV Suite-HDMI - as the box is called - incoporates inputs for HDMI, VGA/DVI, TV aerial, RCA stereo …
How much will it cost?
HDCP mishaps ahoy?
Does this thing naughtily perform HDCP handshaking and then pass it on an encryption-free signal?
Because if you need your monitor to be HDCP-compliant, you might as well just plug your device straight in, surely?
Basically an upscaling Freeview box with a monitor output?
Should be about 50 quid at a guess.
This could be a cheap and quick way to put better TV in the bedroom and put some of my extra monitors to use.
This could be a cheap and quick way to put better TV my living room as monitors are much cheaper than LCD tellys.
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- FOUR DAYS: That's how long it took to crack Galaxy S5 fingerscanner
- Did a date calculation bug just cost hard-up Co-op Bank £110m?
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- Wall St's DROOLING as Twitter GULPS DOWN analytics firm Gnip