Want an HD TV on the cheap? Asus this week launched a box that'll turn a standard flat-panel PC monitor into a hi-def telly. There's an element of 'solution seeking problem' here, we think. But bear with Asus for the moment. Its HDTV Suite-HDMI - as the box is called - incoporates inputs for HDMI, VGA/DVI, TV aerial, RCA stereo …
How much will it cost?
HDCP mishaps ahoy?
Does this thing naughtily perform HDCP handshaking and then pass it on an encryption-free signal?
Because if you need your monitor to be HDCP-compliant, you might as well just plug your device straight in, surely?
Basically an upscaling Freeview box with a monitor output?
Should be about 50 quid at a guess.
This could be a cheap and quick way to put better TV in the bedroom and put some of my extra monitors to use.
This could be a cheap and quick way to put better TV my living room as monitors are much cheaper than LCD tellys.
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Review Ubuntu 14.04 LTS: Great changes, but sssh don't mention the...
- Vid CEO Tim Cook sweeps Apple's inconvenient truths under a solar panel
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Feature Reg man builds smart home rig, gains SUPREME CONTROL of DOMAIN – Pics