With a bankruptcy behind it, SGI has decided to go ahead and start expanding again by purchasing Linux Networx's "core assets." What's that Scott McNealy joke about two garbage trucks colliding? We jest, we jest. Linux Networx actually makes some of the cooler high performance computing systems. You get well-packaged hardware …
Augering in with Ewald...again.
Ewald runs Cray into ground. Silicon Graphics doesn't can him, he hangs around building political power, and proceeds to play a key role in running SGI into the ground. SGI barely (maybe) recovers, and Ewald, like a very bad penny, gets another try.
Maybe buy another house for him this time?
Bringing Ewald back as CEO should be due cause for the removal of the entire board. Alas, accountability in the Valley died a long time ago.
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network