HP has paid off some of the journalists it was accused of spying on in 2006. One reporter from the New York Times and three from BusinessWeek have accepted an undisclosed payment some of which will go to charity. HP engaged private investigators who used various methods to get hold of telephone call records as part of an …
Ah, lovely.. American justice.
"Free to those who can afford it,. but very expensive to those who can’t."
other reporters, and their parents?
My memory of this scandal is dim. Remind me: did it feature school magazines?
So they paid off an investigation
Really how convenient I had no idea how easy and cheap it was. Life of crime coming up.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor