back to article Pssst! Here's ECS' 'super 3G' sub-notebook

There's not much to say about ECS' 11in G10IL laptop other than the fact that it has built-in tri-band HSDPA and HSUPA 'super 3G' technology for downloads of up to 7.2Mb/s and 2Mb/s, respectively. ECS G10IL HSDPA/HSUPA laptop ECS' G10IL: winner That's one reason that helped it with the GSMA's award for best pre-production …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

White??

It'd be grey before the end of the first week - no thanks, I'll stick with my 11" Sony :D

2. Wonderkid
    Jobs Horns

What the MacBook Air should have been...

If Apple had not wasted two years developing a machine obviously targeted at show offs rather mobile workers - l would have bought an Air to replace my versatile but heavy 14 month old MacBook. It is well conceived hardware such as the ECS Super 3G that could damage Apple's attempt to get Windows users over to OSX. Opportunity lost! I'm buying an Asus EEE PC to tide me over until the much desired MacBook Nano arrives...

3. Darren B

Best Pre wot-not

WTF?

This is one of those made up awards right? Or an internal award that gets put on some clowns CV that means nothing to a potential empoyer bit the idiot feels great for being "Best dressed graduate employee 2004"

4. E

Specs?

Rather light on the details! What CPU, RAM (installed and max), disk and video does it have? What OS does it ship with? What other OS will it run?

5. Nexox Enigma

Looks

Even if it is the same color as a macbook, at least it doesn't have that tragic keyboard that Apple is using everywhere. It looks like it might even have the control key in the lower left (instead of function... and fc-c does not interrupt commands very well.)

Without specs or pricing I'd have to say that I'll stick with my 4 year old Fujitsu P5020D, but it could be interesting if it has a bit more power than the Eee.

I really doubt that it'd be up to the task of running OSX, so this really isn't what the Macbook Air should have been. OS X needs a fair amount of graphical power, and most small notebooks drop that to save on space and power. As well they should.

This topic is closed for new posts.