IBM's storage hardware lineup is getting a big ol' heap of upgrades. The meaty merchandise menagerie includes an OEM'd Brocade switch, a NetApp array, and upgrades to its archiving system and various disks. We'd like to think today's sweeping product roll-out is a salute to the birth of Abraham Lincoln, the beloved sixteenth …
Gone are the days of IBM designing their own storage stuff.
More shameless rebranding and OEM'ing of other companies' gear. Does this even deserve an article on TheRegister?
Meanwhile, the artist formerly known as "shark" continues to fall further and further behind the pack. It seems more and more obvious that the premium that customers pay for IBM gear is merely to cover two sets of sales forces.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes