IBM's storage hardware lineup is getting a big ol' heap of upgrades. The meaty merchandise menagerie includes an OEM'd Brocade switch, a NetApp array, and upgrades to its archiving system and various disks. We'd like to think today's sweeping product roll-out is a salute to the birth of Abraham Lincoln, the beloved sixteenth …
Gone are the days of IBM designing their own storage stuff.
More shameless rebranding and OEM'ing of other companies' gear. Does this even deserve an article on TheRegister?
Meanwhile, the artist formerly known as "shark" continues to fall further and further behind the pack. It seems more and more obvious that the premium that customers pay for IBM gear is merely to cover two sets of sales forces.
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of vast BULGE FOUND ON MOON is SOLVED
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan