The Wii is proving a hit across the US medical scene. Several US hospitals have admitted using the Nintendo console as an additional method of post-injury patient rehabilitation. Dubbed 'Wiihabilitation', the treatment has already been used in various US-based hospitals to treat patients recovering from a wide scope of injuries …
Does this mean...
...I can get myself a Wii on the NHS?
A little late???
The Rehab Centre in Deansgrange, Dublin have been using them for nearly a year. A mate of mine who had a stroke was telling me about htem.
What a great made-up word.....similar to "Safetergent" (as in the Woolite ads). Oh...hang on.....I hate that advert.....
Actually there's legs in using a console like this for rehabilitation....it stimulates the mind (and cheers people up - and happiness is one of the best things for a patients health) as well as offering light exercise and a chance to improve co-ordination.
Wii's on the NHS anyone??
As long as it doesnt mean
Their entire training program just consists of trauma Centre Wii
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked