Handset manufacturer HTC has redesigned its existing Advantage device, upping the storage capacity to 16GB, overhauling the keyboard’s responsiveness - it claimed - and updating the UMPC's software. The Advantage’s detachable keyboard now offers haptic feedback that, much like a similar feature on the recently updated U600, …
Not an UMPC
This is a large PDA, it's not an UMPC.
It isn't a PC compatible and can't run desktop Windows.
Re: Not an UMPC
And the resolution (640x480) sucks, but that's a limitation of windows mobile, not the hardware. More proof that it's not a UMPC. Although you don't have to run windows to be a UMPC.
don't pre-judge this gadget.
You're missing the point - it doesn't have to run Windows, it just lets you do work on the move. Whether you would want to use it as a phone is a different matter. For me, it always was a great PDA, not a very useful phone unless you used it as a landline substitute.
I have had problems with reliability though - a lot of rebooting was always necessary.
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- Opinion So, Apple won't sell cheap kit? Prepare the iOS garden wall WRECKING BALL
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- 6 Obvious Reasons Why Facebook Will Ban This Article (Thank God)