Handset manufacturer HTC has redesigned its existing Advantage device, upping the storage capacity to 16GB, overhauling the keyboard’s responsiveness - it claimed - and updating the UMPC's software. The Advantage’s detachable keyboard now offers haptic feedback that, much like a similar feature on the recently updated U600, …
Not an UMPC
This is a large PDA, it's not an UMPC.
It isn't a PC compatible and can't run desktop Windows.
Re: Not an UMPC
And the resolution (640x480) sucks, but that's a limitation of windows mobile, not the hardware. More proof that it's not a UMPC. Although you don't have to run windows to be a UMPC.
don't pre-judge this gadget.
You're missing the point - it doesn't have to run Windows, it just lets you do work on the move. Whether you would want to use it as a phone is a different matter. For me, it always was a great PDA, not a very useful phone unless you used it as a landline substitute.
I have had problems with reliability though - a lot of rebooting was always necessary.
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad