The Association of Computing Machinery has awarded the $250,000 A.M Turing Prize to three men who created an automated way to find design errors in hardware or software. The prize is shared between Edmund Clarke (Carnegie Mellon), E Allen Emerson (University of Texas at Austin) and Joseph Sifakis (University of Grenoble). Often …
Never thought I'd live to see the day the Turing prize was actually awarded.
Turing Prize != Turing Test ... It seems the Turing Prize has been awarded most years since 1966, or weren't you expecting to live very long? ;-)
@ JP Strauss
I think you are confusing this with the Turing Test. The Turing Prize has been awarded every year since 1966 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turing_Award).
thought it was...
thought it was the other "models".... that's a thought though, they should come up with a system that checks whether Naomi Campbell is beating up her assistant (again)..
I got all excited there for a minute too.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Adobe spies on readers: EVERY DRM page turn leaked to base over SSL
- Google chief Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom