We’ve all looked through our photographs sometimes without any recollection of where they were taken. Thankfully, Sony’s developed a handy GPS widget that makes forgotten memories a thing of the past. Sony_GPS_device_2 Sony's GPS: tracks your position and logs your snap locations Using a process often dubbed GPS tagging, the …
My old iPAQ phone...
...could embed GPS data from the sirf chip in a photo's EXIF information - shame the camera (indeed the unit itself) is so slow, crappy and buggy.
Re: My old iPAQ phone...
The gpscamera application for the Nokia N800/N810 can do this too.
Been out in the UK ages?
I looked at getting one of these (or something extremely similar) to go with my Sony T100 camera about a year ago.
You can buy them on Amazon for £69.99 here:
- Asteroids as powerful as NUCLEAR BOMBS strike Earth TWICE YEARLY
- Got Windows 8.1 Update yet? Get ready for YET ANOTHER ONE – rumor
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Patch iOS, OS X now: PDFs, JPEGs, URLs, web pages can pwn your kit
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call