We’ve all looked through our photographs sometimes without any recollection of where they were taken. Thankfully, Sony’s developed a handy GPS widget that makes forgotten memories a thing of the past. Sony_GPS_device_2 Sony's GPS: tracks your position and logs your snap locations Using a process often dubbed GPS tagging, the …
My old iPAQ phone...
...could embed GPS data from the sirf chip in a photo's EXIF information - shame the camera (indeed the unit itself) is so slow, crappy and buggy.
Re: My old iPAQ phone...
The gpscamera application for the Nokia N800/N810 can do this too.
Been out in the UK ages?
I looked at getting one of these (or something extremely similar) to go with my Sony T100 camera about a year ago.
You can buy them on Amazon for £69.99 here:
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'