Swedish crooks almost managed to rob a bank using remote access gear attached to a computer, according to reports. The movie-style* ploy was foiled only at the last minute by an alert employee unplugging the kit, according to local prosecutors and cops. According to AP the attempted digital blag took place in August last year, …
Defining "robbery" vs. "theft"
The term "robbery" is used to describe taking things where there is physical violence or the threat of physical violence involved.
"Theft" is just taking something. Frankly, they didn't even seem to manage that.
So the charge should be...
Bungling an Attempted Theft
These fellows are well-qualified to hold public office, that's clear enough.
"advanced technical equipment"
Probably something like an iPod, or a C64 knowing the law enforcement people. To them anything is "advanced".
Of course, it could have been a USB dongle plugged into a bank terminal and hacking Windows, but given how banks work, I doubt it.
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes