back to article Writing ‘Green IT’ at the top of the business agenda

Freeform Dynamics The level of importance placed on ‘green IT’ when it comes to choosing new kit and looking at different IT vendors isn’t that great, as 1,300 readers recently told us. It will be soon though, as the same survey revealed that while only about one in 20 say green related selection criteria are weighted highly …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Down

Misleading and evasive headline

"only about one in 20 say green related selection criteria are weighted highly in the procurement process today,"

In other words, it doesn't matter.

" it was acknowledged that it will only become more important in the future."

Numbers? Proof? Can't you even throw us a "Hockey Stick" ?

"Where we really are is simply at the beginning of an era where some broad areas which used to be filed under ‘good business sense’ have become synonymous with giving Mother Earth a helping hand"

In the absence of any supporting evidence for that statement, other conjectures are equally valid.

Equally, we could simply be at the end of an era where moralizing about "Mother Earth" is supposed to shift units. Whatever happened to better, cheaper, faster?

Stop

Oh the irony of it all

The latest 'in thing' is to have a notice which says.....

Do you really need to print this email?

on the bottom of an email.

My view is yes, I print it out on recycled paper, then turn off the computer and file it away and then when I want to read the email, I open the draw and take out the printed email. Far cheaper than having having to boot up a computer.

And when I have finished with the paper, I use the other side, and when thats done, its shredded for our chickens to crap on, then it goes into the compost head. Emails to eggs in our house!!!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums