Dell will unveil a smartphone based on Google's Android platform and it'll do so at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) show in Barcelona next month. At least, that's what unnamed "senior industry sources" cited by UK trade paper Marketing Week claim. It also admitted Google insiders say that there's no near-future announcement on …
Ballmer not happy
Michael, beware of the flying chairs!
I don't think there has ever been an Axim phone. The only Dell hardware with a SIM slot have been some laptops with integrated 3G modems - but even they aren't exactly phones...
I wasn't aware...
...that there was ever an Axim phone as such; yes there were a some of the Axim line that you could have with a GSM/GPRS card as options, but I thought that was more targeted at Internet access and mail sync-ing?
Dell is actually developing something? (Apart from a serious neurosis about their share price.)
Calling the Axim a 'smartphone' is right in line with calling PM Brown a 'statesman' - he wears a suit and sits in the same place statesmen have sat but that doesn't make him........etc.
In the same vein, talking about Dell 'developing' something is really talking about them 'doing a Korean' - seeing a money-making idea, working out a way to make a clunky copy cheaper and then marketing the blazes out of their junk.
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market