Dell will unveil a smartphone based on Google's Android platform and it'll do so at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) show in Barcelona next month. At least, that's what unnamed "senior industry sources" cited by UK trade paper Marketing Week claim. It also admitted Google insiders say that there's no near-future announcement on …
Ballmer not happy
Michael, beware of the flying chairs!
I don't think there has ever been an Axim phone. The only Dell hardware with a SIM slot have been some laptops with integrated 3G modems - but even they aren't exactly phones...
I wasn't aware...
...that there was ever an Axim phone as such; yes there were a some of the Axim line that you could have with a GSM/GPRS card as options, but I thought that was more targeted at Internet access and mail sync-ing?
Dell is actually developing something? (Apart from a serious neurosis about their share price.)
Calling the Axim a 'smartphone' is right in line with calling PM Brown a 'statesman' - he wears a suit and sits in the same place statesmen have sat but that doesn't make him........etc.
In the same vein, talking about Dell 'developing' something is really talking about them 'doing a Korean' - seeing a money-making idea, working out a way to make a clunky copy cheaper and then marketing the blazes out of their junk.
- NASA boffin: RIDDLE of odd BULGE FOUND on MOON is SOLVED
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- BuzzGasm! Thirteen Astonishing True Facts You Never Knew About SCREWS
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan