Dell will unveil a smartphone based on Google's Android platform and it'll do so at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) show in Barcelona next month. At least, that's what unnamed "senior industry sources" cited by UK trade paper Marketing Week claim. It also admitted Google insiders say that there's no near-future announcement on …
Ballmer not happy
Michael, beware of the flying chairs!
I don't think there has ever been an Axim phone. The only Dell hardware with a SIM slot have been some laptops with integrated 3G modems - but even they aren't exactly phones...
I wasn't aware...
...that there was ever an Axim phone as such; yes there were a some of the Axim line that you could have with a GSM/GPRS card as options, but I thought that was more targeted at Internet access and mail sync-ing?
Dell is actually developing something? (Apart from a serious neurosis about their share price.)
Calling the Axim a 'smartphone' is right in line with calling PM Brown a 'statesman' - he wears a suit and sits in the same place statesmen have sat but that doesn't make him........etc.
In the same vein, talking about Dell 'developing' something is really talking about them 'doing a Korean' - seeing a money-making idea, working out a way to make a clunky copy cheaper and then marketing the blazes out of their junk.
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...