back to article Dell developing Google Android handset, moles claim

Dell will unveil a smartphone based on Google's Android platform and it'll do so at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) show in Barcelona next month. At least, that's what unnamed "senior industry sources" cited by UK trade paper Marketing Week claim. It also admitted Google insiders say that there's no near-future announcement on …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Happy

Ballmer not happy

Michael, beware of the flying chairs!

Stop

Axim phones?

I don't think there has ever been an Axim phone. The only Dell hardware with a SIM slot have been some laptops with integrated 3G modems - but even they aren't exactly phones...

I wasn't aware...

...that there was ever an Axim phone as such; yes there were a some of the Axim line that you could have with a GSM/GPRS card as options, but I thought that was more targeted at Internet access and mail sync-ing?

Anonymous Coward

"Dell developing"?

Dell is actually developing something? (Apart from a serious neurosis about their share price.)

Calling the Axim a 'smartphone' is right in line with calling PM Brown a 'statesman' - he wears a suit and sits in the same place statesmen have sat but that doesn't make him........etc.

In the same vein, talking about Dell 'developing' something is really talking about them 'doing a Korean' - seeing a money-making idea, working out a way to make a clunky copy cheaper and then marketing the blazes out of their junk.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums