Network Appliance today is cooking up some new positions to promote its executives. Score one for the guy who does vinyl lettering on their office doors. Tom Georgens has been tapped as the new president of the company, as well as chief operating officer. The latter position has been newly-devised for Georgens' ascension. …
Re: Tom Mendoza, Dan Warmenhoven said, "Freeing him from operational responsibilities to focus his energy on our customers and culture will help us become even more responsive to the market and deeply attuned to the transformation happening in today’s data centers.”
In other words: The more time Tom spends playing golf or on junkets to customer sites, and the less time he spends in the office, the happier we'll all be.
I am thrilled that El Reg is gaining photoshop abilities!
Photoshop m4d 5killz
Photoshop efforts welcomed. Dont care about the article about management-y types undoubtedly earning more for doing less.
Good to see ElReg is turning more into B3ta.com as time goes on.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- All ABOARD! Furious Facebook bus drivers join Teamsters union
- Review Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Spawn of Galaxy Alpha and a Note 3 unveiled
- Webcam hacker pervs in MASS HOME INVASION
- Nexus 7 fandroids tell of salty taste after sucking on Google's Lollipop