Network Appliance today is cooking up some new positions to promote its executives. Score one for the guy who does vinyl lettering on their office doors. Tom Georgens has been tapped as the new president of the company, as well as chief operating officer. The latter position has been newly-devised for Georgens' ascension. …
Re: Tom Mendoza, Dan Warmenhoven said, "Freeing him from operational responsibilities to focus his energy on our customers and culture will help us become even more responsive to the market and deeply attuned to the transformation happening in today’s data centers.”
In other words: The more time Tom spends playing golf or on junkets to customer sites, and the less time he spends in the office, the happier we'll all be.
I am thrilled that El Reg is gaining photoshop abilities!
Photoshop m4d 5killz
Photoshop efforts welcomed. Dont care about the article about management-y types undoubtedly earning more for doing less.
Good to see ElReg is turning more into B3ta.com as time goes on.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook