Network Appliance today is cooking up some new positions to promote its executives. Score one for the guy who does vinyl lettering on their office doors. Tom Georgens has been tapped as the new president of the company, as well as chief operating officer. The latter position has been newly-devised for Georgens' ascension. …
Re: Tom Mendoza, Dan Warmenhoven said, "Freeing him from operational responsibilities to focus his energy on our customers and culture will help us become even more responsive to the market and deeply attuned to the transformation happening in today’s data centers.”
In other words: The more time Tom spends playing golf or on junkets to customer sites, and the less time he spends in the office, the happier we'll all be.
I am thrilled that El Reg is gaining photoshop abilities!
Photoshop m4d 5killz
Photoshop efforts welcomed. Dont care about the article about management-y types undoubtedly earning more for doing less.
Good to see ElReg is turning more into B3ta.com as time goes on.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- 20 Freescale staff on vanished Malaysia Airlines flight MH370
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Sysadmins and devs: Do these job descriptions make any sense?