Nikon hopes the latest seven additions to its Coolpix digicam range will make you smile, especially since one model's able to detect the curvature of your subjects' mouths in preparation for their pearly-white smiles. Nikon_S550 Nikon's S550: see for smiles The ten-megapixel S550's Smile Mode displays a gauge on the camera's …
This is not new
The Sony T200 has this already, and probably other sony cameras have it was well. Smile technology is not new - and to be honest not very useful if you have more than one person in the picture.
taking pics of kids
It's not the start-up time I care about - it's how long it takes for the camera to take the pic once I've pressed the button. They should always quote this number.
Some very fancy digital cameras are crap at this, which is why I always try a camera out at a shop first.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'