Nikon hopes the latest seven additions to its Coolpix digicam range will make you smile, especially since one model's able to detect the curvature of your subjects' mouths in preparation for their pearly-white smiles. Nikon_S550 Nikon's S550: see for smiles The ten-megapixel S550's Smile Mode displays a gauge on the camera's …
This is not new
The Sony T200 has this already, and probably other sony cameras have it was well. Smile technology is not new - and to be honest not very useful if you have more than one person in the picture.
taking pics of kids
It's not the start-up time I care about - it's how long it takes for the camera to take the pic once I've pressed the button. They should always quote this number.
Some very fancy digital cameras are crap at this, which is why I always try a camera out at a shop first.
- Nuke plants to rely on PDP-11 code UNTIL 2050!
- Spin doctors brazenly fiddle with tiny bits in front of the neighbours
- Game Theory Out with a bang: The Last of Us lets PS3 exit with head held high
- That Microsoft-Nokia merger you've been predicting? It's no go
- Microsoft breaks bug-bounty virginity in $100,000 contest