A namedropping MSN Trojan is doing the rounds through MSN Messenger. The IRCBOT-RB Trojan poses as messages containing links to pictures on social networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook. Typical come-ons involve messages such as "Wanna see my pictures before i send em to facebook?". Clicking on a link takes users to booby …
Comments link wrong
Firstly, the comments link points to comments.channelregister.co.uk, which cannot be resolved - I manually edited the URL to get here :) (smartarse aren't I?)
But it still makes me laugh how many people will click on links which they didn't ask for or expect, that come from random "friends" in MSN. These people deserve to have their PCs trashed.
Re: These people deserve to have their PCs trashed.
Indeed they do, but that's probably not what happens.
If the malware is a half-decent rootkit, the machine is probably *more* secure afterwards than it was before. The new owners probably don't want it to be reformatted, so they will play (fairly) nice with the previous owners files and resources. The dimwit gets a more secure and better behaved box than they deserve and the rest of us get our machines trashed/overwhelmed with spam.
I see, the author of the article forgot to mention that they were photos of topless nymphets, right?
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps