One of the wackiest handset designs to hit the market since Nokia’s 7380 has been unveiled by Toshiba: the G450. It may look odd, but it also functions as a modem. Toshiba_G450 Toshiba's G450: is it a phone or a modem? It's both The dual-keypad handset measures 98 x 36 x 16mm and provides tri-band GSM/GPRS connectivity, with …
What a ridiculous handset.
I was trying to imagine sending a text message, it makes that madcap Nokia rotary dialer seem positively inspired.
If I want a HSDPA modem I can buy one without silly buttons for a fraction of the price, and then spend all that money I saved on, say, a real phone?
Paris, because it looks like she designed it.
How do you...
How do you spell "Usability Testing" in Japanese?!?!?
I don't think Toshiba knows either...
It's cute, and looks like it was a nice and inspired design for a design engineering student's final project. But someone should have known better than to actually PRODUCE such an unusable keyboard.
This gets a Paris from me as well, because I rarely have a chance to use her...er, her icon that is.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Why did it take antivirus giants YEARS to drill into super-scary Regin? Symantec responds...