California occupational safety inspectors have concluded that Scaled Composites LLC's failure to properly train workers about the dangers of nitrous oxide was a contributory factor to the explosion which last July killed three workers at the company's Mojave testing facility. The victims were testing a rocket motor for …
Nitrous Oxide eh?
...that's no laughing matter.
So a little over $8600 per dead worker (the remainder should cover the injured). Industrial safety is cheap in California! I assume the families' lawyers will crank the total up.
But it's a real gas!!
Join my NO2badjokes protest!
hilarious, unfortunately it's N20
the lab coat please...
just spray the CEO's ankles with of liquid nitrogen :)
Hippy crack / just say no!
Especially in railcar quantities.
It's unsurprising that a lot of these high-altitude rocket (sorry, "space") efforts have difficulty getting oxidiser from understandably wary suppliers.
- Asteroid's SHOCK DINO MURDER SPREE just bad luck - boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great