California occupational safety inspectors have concluded that Scaled Composites LLC's failure to properly train workers about the dangers of nitrous oxide was a contributory factor to the explosion which last July killed three workers at the company's Mojave testing facility. The victims were testing a rocket motor for …
Nitrous Oxide eh?
...that's no laughing matter.
So a little over $8600 per dead worker (the remainder should cover the injured). Industrial safety is cheap in California! I assume the families' lawyers will crank the total up.
But it's a real gas!!
Join my NO2badjokes protest!
hilarious, unfortunately it's N20
the lab coat please...
just spray the CEO's ankles with of liquid nitrogen :)
Hippy crack / just say no!
Especially in railcar quantities.
It's unsurprising that a lot of these high-altitude rocket (sorry, "space") efforts have difficulty getting oxidiser from understandably wary suppliers.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix