California occupational safety inspectors have concluded that Scaled Composites LLC's failure to properly train workers about the dangers of nitrous oxide was a contributory factor to the explosion which last July killed three workers at the company's Mojave testing facility. The victims were testing a rocket motor for …
Nitrous Oxide eh?
...that's no laughing matter.
So a little over $8600 per dead worker (the remainder should cover the injured). Industrial safety is cheap in California! I assume the families' lawyers will crank the total up.
But it's a real gas!!
Join my NO2badjokes protest!
hilarious, unfortunately it's N20
the lab coat please...
just spray the CEO's ankles with of liquid nitrogen :)
Hippy crack / just say no!
Especially in railcar quantities.
It's unsurprising that a lot of these high-altitude rocket (sorry, "space") efforts have difficulty getting oxidiser from understandably wary suppliers.
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Human spacecraft dodge COMET CHUNKS pelting off Mars
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops