back to article Nokia N95 8GB becomes first phone to win DLNA thumbs-up

Nokia’s got a smile on its face. The Finnish phone giant's N95 8GB handset has become the world’s first mobile to win wireless connectivity certification from the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA). Nokia_N95 Nokia's N95 8GB: now with DLNA certification DLNA who? It's an industry organisation that aims to provide an open …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Stop

hmmm

sounds like this is some kind of UPnP type horror. run away!

RE; hmmmmmmmmmmm

Unlikely!

This is just saying it has all of the necessary IN BUILT functions to qualify to a certain standard - it's not any new protocol - just a 'yardstick' (for our US friends - see how cultured I am!) for measuring the usefulness in terms of interactivity of a device when looking to integrate into your digital lifestyle.

I like the idea :)

Unhappy

Rubbish

I saw this on my phone, mmm, so...

Can I play music on my phone off the network? NO!

Can I play videos off my network? NO!

Can I make my phone that has 8gb as a server instead of my 1tb NAS storage? YES!

Rubbish, rubbish, rubbish.

tag

"Nokia N95 8G becomes first phone to win DLNA thumbs-up

The what got what?"

That tag just had me laughing so hard my chest started to hurt, lol!!!!

@andy

>sounds like this is some kind of UPnP type horror. run away!

Why, what's so bad about UPnP? (I'm not defending it - I've never tried to use it, but have been toying with the idea for media server... )

Thumb Up

I have to admit that I like this.

I was thinking about rigging up some plumbers nightmare to automatically shift videos from my bittorrent machine to my '95 so I can watch them on the bus in the mornings, if the new 8GB version makes this easier then Bring It On.

Coat

Generation gap...

They're on 8G now? And I thought my 3G phone was up to date...

Thumb Up

Can quite happily copy music over

I can copy msuic, videos,and photos over from my EyeConnect equipped imac to my N95 8Gb fine!

I can even play music directly off my N95 from the Netgear Radio I have too :-)

Not only that, my Ps3 connects to both too!

All excellent!

Alert

RE Rubbish

RTFM mate, I can quite happily do those. Don't knock the product because you can't be bothered to learn how to use it

Anonymous Coward

Rubbish, still.

Actually the phone cannot play music on itself from these "Home Networks", Look at the AAS forums and you will see others can confirm this.

-I have my own standard, no honestly it's not proprietary, my mother uses it too, it must be a standard!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums