Elevation Partners, the Silicon Valley private equity outfit backed by Pope-bothering U2 frontman Bono, is eyeing a stake in FA Championship obscurists Sheffield United, it's claimed. A report in Friday's Yorkshire Post said that the billion-dollar fund came to the Steel City this month for talks with club representatives. …
Altogether now ...
The 3 most boring things in the known universe in one article - football, the pope & his bononess.
The fund being based in Silicon Valley provides an IT angle?
...they'd spent the money on players in the summer instead of lawyers tasked with suing West Ham 'cos they didn't lose as many games as The Blades, they'd not be needing handouts from the Bono brigade!
Mind, Sheffield probably qualifies as the third world, so I suppose it's fitting.
our government is doing it for northern rock!
If a companies management shows an interest in fitba, sell all your stock.
Robert Maxwell is but one of the many who have proved the truth of this.
Isn't the reason for a certian distrust of Bono that, in between lecturing us on the need for a social conscience, he fiddles his taxes?
Nah then, is ter awreet?
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job