Elevation Partners, the Silicon Valley private equity outfit backed by Pope-bothering U2 frontman Bono, is eyeing a stake in FA Championship obscurists Sheffield United, it's claimed. A report in Friday's Yorkshire Post said that the billion-dollar fund came to the Steel City this month for talks with club representatives. …
Altogether now ...
The 3 most boring things in the known universe in one article - football, the pope & his bononess.
The fund being based in Silicon Valley provides an IT angle?
...they'd spent the money on players in the summer instead of lawyers tasked with suing West Ham 'cos they didn't lose as many games as The Blades, they'd not be needing handouts from the Bono brigade!
Mind, Sheffield probably qualifies as the third world, so I suppose it's fitting.
our government is doing it for northern rock!
If a companies management shows an interest in fitba, sell all your stock.
Robert Maxwell is but one of the many who have proved the truth of this.
Isn't the reason for a certian distrust of Bono that, in between lecturing us on the need for a social conscience, he fiddles his taxes?
Nah then, is ter awreet?
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Ofcom will not probe lesbian lizard snog in new Dr Who series
- Kaspersky backpedals on 'done nothing wrong, nothing to fear' blather
- Episode 9 BOFH: The current value of our IT ASSets? Minus eleventy-seven...
- Too slow with that iPhone refresh, Apple: Android is GOBBLING up US mobile market