Elevation Partners, the Silicon Valley private equity outfit backed by Pope-bothering U2 frontman Bono, is eyeing a stake in FA Championship obscurists Sheffield United, it's claimed. A report in Friday's Yorkshire Post said that the billion-dollar fund came to the Steel City this month for talks with club representatives. …
Altogether now ...
The 3 most boring things in the known universe in one article - football, the pope & his bononess.
The fund being based in Silicon Valley provides an IT angle?
...they'd spent the money on players in the summer instead of lawyers tasked with suing West Ham 'cos they didn't lose as many games as The Blades, they'd not be needing handouts from the Bono brigade!
Mind, Sheffield probably qualifies as the third world, so I suppose it's fitting.
our government is doing it for northern rock!
If a companies management shows an interest in fitba, sell all your stock.
Robert Maxwell is but one of the many who have proved the truth of this.
Isn't the reason for a certian distrust of Bono that, in between lecturing us on the need for a social conscience, he fiddles his taxes?
Nah then, is ter awreet?
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- DINOSAUR SLAYER asteroid strike was DEVILISHLY inconvenient timing
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it