back to article Her Light Materials, Volume I

'So that's how I came to be mysteriously orphaned and, on my ninth birthday, just three years ago today, sent to work as a junior grader at the Ah-Poo! Toilet Tissue reclamation factory at Fort Wirth', explained Jo, our heroine, a feisty, scruffy and independently-minded young tomboy whose more mature, more feminine side we won' …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. E

Heheheh!

Good yarn Verity.

But!

Does Jo use vi or emacs?

2. David Tonhofer Silver badge
    Happy

So say we all.

...the "sweary recluse" is really the dog's bollocks. I want to see that kind of stuff in IEEE Software!!

3. John Gamble

Now About That Macro Language

Excellent as always, but this is really bothering me now. What is "... That C-like macro language that programmer's editors support but which nobody much uses."

Obviously I don't much use it.

4. James Anderson
    Happy

Blaspehmy.

Oh dear!

Verity has used Lisp in a humerous context.

The wrath of Stallman will descend upon her. Never will she be allowed to use a "(" again.

She will be cast out from by hosts of the one true language for they cannot laugh nor even smile.

Stallman have pity on her.

5. Dave

Does that mean...

the title of the third book becomes 'The Amber pyGlass'.

Coat.

Pipe.

London Cab.

6. Snake Plissken

That Ruby sweary thing

I tried reading it. I think I made it as far as "I'll pay for a boxing ring, I know martial arts, I'll kick your ass" before losing the will to live.

7. Andraž Levstik

Fun fun fun

Hmm would the C-like macro language be m4???

Anyway this would be great as a programmers version of a BOFH ;)

8. John
    Thumb Up

Mighty Boosh

Reminds me of Tony "This is an ahhtrage" 'Arrison from the Mighty Boosh. Perhaps that will be Ms. Stob's next parody.

This topic is closed for new posts.