Skype said it has blocked a bug that created a means for hackers to attack vulnerable Windows PCs using malicious video files. The cross-zone scripting vulnerability involves the interaction between Skype and video-sharing sites such as DailyMotion, which allows users to download video clips and add them to their Skype VoIP …
That's what you get
When you try and shove the same bunch of features into every single communication tool.
Skype is for voice calls of the Internet. Why oh why should anyone need to search DailyMotion for a video during a call ?
Integrating these features into every comm package ends up with every comm application being vulnerable to the same things - and does not really bring any added value to the package.
Just allow Skype to open a browser on a URL like any other app.
In a few years they'll be telling us we need to be able to search Google on our toaster to get the latest toast recipes. Bollocks !
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Yorkshire cops fail to grasp principle behind BT Fon Wi-Fi network