Skype said it has blocked a bug that created a means for hackers to attack vulnerable Windows PCs using malicious video files. The cross-zone scripting vulnerability involves the interaction between Skype and video-sharing sites such as DailyMotion, which allows users to download video clips and add them to their Skype VoIP …
That's what you get
When you try and shove the same bunch of features into every single communication tool.
Skype is for voice calls of the Internet. Why oh why should anyone need to search DailyMotion for a video during a call ?
Integrating these features into every comm package ends up with every comm application being vulnerable to the same things - and does not really bring any added value to the package.
Just allow Skype to open a browser on a URL like any other app.
In a few years they'll be telling us we need to be able to search Google on our toaster to get the latest toast recipes. Bollocks !
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO