Semi-Coherent Computing listeners who have yet to read Nick Carr's new book The Big Switch will almost certainly want to pick up a copy. The book takes you on a journey from the evolution of the electricity industry, to the rise of utility computing and then to how computers are toying with our brains. It's a heck of a ride. ( …
Leat to l33t
Nothing to say about it but I got the best title.
Or should that be the naffest? Is this a nafffest?
Remind me again
Out of curiosity what are those among us who are hearing impaired meant to do when they see an interesting looking title and are unable to enjoy said advertised piece of biased journalism because it’s in an aural format?
RE: Remind me again
You should start by grinding your teeth in frustration, I suppose. When you're done with that, get to coding a piece of voice-recognition software which can produce transcripts. And since you've managed that much, program it to have feelings so it can get depressed when you yell at it for misplacing punctuation.
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- iPhone sales set to PLUMMET: Bleak times ahead for Apple
- HTML5 vs native: Harry Coder and the mudblood mobile app princes