back to article Mickey Mouse CIO joins Microsoft

Microsoft said yesterday that it has hired Disney man Tony Scott, who will replace sacked chief information officer Stuart Scott. He will head up the software giant's global IT helpdesk, which has 4,000 staff and oversees tech systems for Redmond's worldwide sales, marketing and services. It also looks after the firm's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Mickey Mouse and Microsoft in the same sentence?!

There is an almost endless supply of MS and Mickey Mouse jokes in this one. Still I guess Tony Scott is going to feel right at home with the MS Mickey Mouse operating system aka Vista.

OK I'm leaving now, coat in hand!

2. Dave Oldham
    Coat

Crimson Tide

I thought that was one of Tony Scott's best films. Is there a job at Micrsoft for his brother Ridley?

Oh wait...

I'll get my coat.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

CV of new man

Bristol Myers Squibb, gigantic player in the "health care" industry that perpetually produce higher-priced meds that never cure a damned thing but make absolutely certain that millions continue to be dependent on their products...

GM, the bunch that make Humvees for the US Military and collaborate with the petroleum industry in preventing any reasonable alternative to smog-belching contraptions that everyone "must" have to support their lifestyle...

Disney, a major force in the disinformation, er, I mean "media" industry (not to mention purveyors of various ofther fantasy worlds)...

And now "chief information officer" at microsoft. Yep, sounds like a natural progression to me.

This topic is closed for new posts.