Anytime a major acquisition such as Sun's $1bn buy of MySQL hits, analysts around the globe rush out their takes on the deal, hoping to prove their fierce insight. Journalists sit back as the analysts' notes flood their inboxes. One particular missive on the Sun/MySQL caught our attention. Ovum cracked us with "Sun bags the L in …
I read that and assumed it was right.
Figuring on a grab at mysql meant SAMP. Replacing the L with S. Whatever.
A good thing that Apache was not replaced ...
by IIS, or we would end up with a LIMP
in more ways than one
Re: A good thing that Apache was not replaced ...
I guess since IIS usually runs on Windows, that would probably make it a WIMP...
Re: Re: A good thing that Apache was not replaced ...
WIMP is an average desktop, surely.
Windows, IE, Malware & Porn
I'm getting too old
WIMP => Window, Icon, Menu, Pointer (or somesuch) has been since I was knee high to a grasshopper.
Obviously what we have here is LASP... now maybe if we substitute PHP/Perl/Python for Ruby we'd have LASR. See, evolution of light source, from a lamp to a laser - nice.
-- not that I think Ruby is any real substitution for Perl/PHP
But in astronomy ...
WIMP = Weakly Interacting Massive Particle
as opposed to
MACHO = MAssive Cold Halo Object
two theoretical forms of dark matter.
You've got to hand it to them, these must be the neatest acronyms for two competing theories ever
- Review This is why we CAN have nice things: Samsung Galaxy Alpha
- Hey, YouTube lovers! How about you pay us, we start paying for STUFF? - Google
- MEN: For pity's sake SLEEP with LOTS of WOMEN - and avoid Prostate Cancer
- Ex-Soviet engines fingered after Antares ROCKET launch BLAST
- Vid BONFIRE of the MEGA-BUCKS: $200m+ BURNED in SECONDS in Antares launch blast