A UK teenager who admitted launching a denial of service attack on online multiplayer game Face Of Mankind has been reprimanded by police. The 16-year-old, who can't be named for legal reasons, launched the relatively unsophisticated SYN Flood attack throughout May 2007. As a result, Face Of Mankind's portal was regularly …
What a twit.
The worst bit is that he's doing computer studies. If this is the quality of the people taking the courses then no wonder the recruitment bods are always going on about a "skills crisis".
He didn't even use a basic IP anonymiser?
"Pretty stupid" indeed!
One IP address...
...managed to generate enough SYNs data to take down the server? Why didn't they just block it?
Why did they hire an outside firm?
Most webmasters could have busted him quite easily seeing how "invisible mode" was his only attempt at anonymity.
@ Peter Leech
Have you worked in IT recently? There's morons all over the shop!
Fire the SysAdmin
Why in the blue shit didn't he forward all traffic from that IP down the toilet?
Guy isn't fit for changing toners...
Ojom - useless company
The guy used one IP and you still had to hire an outside company when you could have simply blocked or forwarded the fake packets somewhere else... useless company... no wonder why the game ceases to exist now...
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Review Vulture trails claw across Lenovo's touchy N20p Chromebook