A UK teenager who admitted launching a denial of service attack on online multiplayer game Face Of Mankind has been reprimanded by police. The 16-year-old, who can't be named for legal reasons, launched the relatively unsophisticated SYN Flood attack throughout May 2007. As a result, Face Of Mankind's portal was regularly …
What a twit.
The worst bit is that he's doing computer studies. If this is the quality of the people taking the courses then no wonder the recruitment bods are always going on about a "skills crisis".
He didn't even use a basic IP anonymiser?
"Pretty stupid" indeed!
One IP address...
...managed to generate enough SYNs data to take down the server? Why didn't they just block it?
Why did they hire an outside firm?
Most webmasters could have busted him quite easily seeing how "invisible mode" was his only attempt at anonymity.
@ Peter Leech
Have you worked in IT recently? There's morons all over the shop!
Fire the SysAdmin
Why in the blue shit didn't he forward all traffic from that IP down the toilet?
Guy isn't fit for changing toners...
Ojom - useless company
The guy used one IP and you still had to hire an outside company when you could have simply blocked or forwarded the fake packets somewhere else... useless company... no wonder why the game ceases to exist now...
- Product round-up Coming clean: Ten cordless vacuum cleaners
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK
- Worstall @ the Weekend BIG FAT Lies: Porky Pies about obesity