Not content with mounting a serious challenge to Asus' elfin Eee PC, US manufacturer Everex this week said it will follow up its 7in CloudBook sub-notebook with larger models later in the year. To be fair, these are all enhancements Asus has already pledged to make to the Eee PC line-up. At the Consumer Electronics Show (CES), …
No bikini babe using one at the beach? I shan't buy one.
Eee PC CPU is NOT underclocked
In all your eee-PC articles, you keep saying that eee uses a 900 MHz Celeron M underclocked to 630 MHz. It does not - like every other mobile CPU, it is dynamically clocked, between 112 and 900 MHz depending on the current load. Just double-checked it on my 4G ...
The more the merrier
The more of these cheap laptops running Linux the better. There is no reason that a small laptop need be expensive, and no reason that they need run Windows (or OS X) either. These teeny tiny devices are absolutely perfect for casual use, allowing the user to access mail, browse the web, use Skype or whatever without having dragging some hulking laptop with cables, chargers and every thing else. I was able to use easily use my Eee PC on a Ryanair seat cliptray which is a feat I dare anyone to try with a larger laptop.
You operated a laptop on ryanair?
makes a mockery of their no wireless devices thing then doesnt it..
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad