It's curved an it has got an enormous resolution. Yes, it's Alienware's monster monitor, and here's what all the fuss is about... Can't see the video? Download Flash Player from Adobe.com CES on Video WowWee wheels in Tribot DisplayLink demos multi-monitor USB dongle Guitar Hero gets true air axe WowWee demos FemiSapien …
I went to an SGI demonstration a few years ago when they projected on to a curved WALL - and sat you within the curvature.... (ie if viewed from above, and the curve of the screen is the curve on the letter D, the seat would be half way down the vertical, and inwards a little) the idea being that even the extremeties of your eyes were seeing the picture on the wall. They then played some demo where the camera viewpoint flew over mountains, and as it plunged into ravines, I almost fell off the chair, and my stomach practically fell out of my bottom.
The screen is a nice idea - but I WANT THE WALL!!!
I got to play with a panoramic projection system at Uni, as is typical with computing students, I got Quake to work :)
900 pixels tall?
He said it's 2880 x 900 pixels - wouldn't it be better if it was 1080 pixels tall, or taller?
- Product round-up Six of the best gaming keyboard and mouse combos
- LinuxCon 2014 GitHub.io killed the distro star: Why are people so bored with the top Linux makers?
- Opinion IT blokes: would you say that LEWD comment to a man? Then don't say it to a woman
- China building SUPERSONIC SUBMARINE that travels in a BUBBLE
- Boffins attempt to prove the UNIVERSE IS JUST A HOLOGRAM