The Royal Air Force intends to purchase additional MQ-9 "Reaper" unmanned aircraft from the United States, it has been revealed. According to a press release from the US Defence Security Cooperation Agency, the UK has applied to buy ten Reaper airframes to add to its initial fleet of three. In addition, the RAF seeks to purchase …
Maybe they're taking their UK pricing cues from Microsoft?
Makes a change
As usual, the MoD has been stitched up on price by the Yanks.
But what's happening? We usually buy perfectly serviceable aeroplanes from the US (OK, the batch of ex-USN Phantoms that were held together with paint and filler excepted, but we could have had new F-16 for the same price anyway), then strip out known working equipment and replace it with often unproven, more expensive, "locally sourced" kit instead.
There again, maybe we've been left so far behind in the UAV field, there is no locally sourced kit that fits?
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- First Fondle Reg journo battles Sydney iPHONE queue, FONDLES BIG 'UN
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS