Samsung has unveiled a High Definition (HD) video capture capable digital camera, which it claims is also the world’s smallest 24mm ultra-wide angle digi cam with ten megapixels. NV24HD_front Samsung's NV24 HD: 720p video capture The camera, dubbed NV24 HD, captures HD quality video at a resolution of 720p and has a maximum …
10 Mega Pixels??
A single 720p frame (1280x720) amounts to 921,600 pixels. Less than 1 MP - even a 1080p frame only accounts for just over 2 million pixels. Why do I need a 10 MP sensor to achieve this?
Even HD webcams from MS for instance boast 5MP sensors. Is it my maths or am I missing something?
If I am I'll get my coat now plus all the coats in the cloakroom of the school for the terminally dumbass'd that I obviously should be attending...
Re: 10 Mega Pixels??
Re: why not 1080p. You're missing something :)
The sensor could capture 1080p indeed (which only requires 2MP), but compressing a 1080p video stream to MP4 takes a much larger amount of processing and bandwidth, which is harder to fit in a small digital camera (and drives the price up). A 1080p frame has more than twice the number of pixels that a 720p frame has...
How do they get 3.6x optical zoom from a 2.7 - 5.2mm focal length lens?
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE