Microsoft is to acquire Norwegian business search engine company Fast Search and Transfer for 6.6bn kroner ($1.23bn). The software giant said it would pay 19 Norwegian kroner a share for the Oslo-based firm, which represents a 42 per cent premium to the closing share price on 4 January, the day before Microsoft stepped in with …
That'll be the end of Fast (formerly Corporate) Radar then - competes with too many other things MS have acquired. Pity - good product.
I believe that Microsoft have bought a lame duck here... The results and performance of this company have been abysmal to the point of the government getting involved in investigations of irregularities and massive losses.
What are Microsoft going to do with a product that no companies want? Their own offering is substandard Fast technology won't make it any better. Luckily they'll be able to absorb the loss due to their fat wallet.
We use Fast to make CD's
Or used to once M$ buy them and bury it as it works and M$ don't ike software that works otherwise they wouldn't have released Vista.
- DINO-SLAYER asteroid SAUR-O-CIDE was terrible bad luck, say boffins
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad
- Russia: There is a SPACECRAFT full of LIZARDS in orbit above Earth and WE control it