Microsoft is to acquire Norwegian business search engine company Fast Search and Transfer for 6.6bn kroner ($1.23bn). The software giant said it would pay 19 Norwegian kroner a share for the Oslo-based firm, which represents a 42 per cent premium to the closing share price on 4 January, the day before Microsoft stepped in with …
That'll be the end of Fast (formerly Corporate) Radar then - competes with too many other things MS have acquired. Pity - good product.
I believe that Microsoft have bought a lame duck here... The results and performance of this company have been abysmal to the point of the government getting involved in investigations of irregularities and massive losses.
What are Microsoft going to do with a product that no companies want? Their own offering is substandard Fast technology won't make it any better. Luckily they'll be able to absorb the loss due to their fat wallet.
We use Fast to make CD's
Or used to once M$ buy them and bury it as it works and M$ don't ike software that works otherwise they wouldn't have released Vista.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests