Manufacturer 3M is projecting big things with its latest innovation: a tiny projector for electronic gadgets. The company has developed an LED-illuminated projection engine that’s designed to be incorporated into “virtually any personal electronic device”. It claims the engine can project at least a 40in, 640 x 480 image when it …
Somebody better with the mathematics than I am will be able to calculate just for how long a mobile phone battery would be able to shine a projected image of sufficient brightness over a 300 sq in. surface. Not very long, is my guess.
I'd like to carry a mobile with that thing. Even 5 seconds should be enough to show off!...
Energy usage - relevant?
If you could run it off a normal charger, I can see some huge benefits:
For roadwarriors, there are gadgets that can connect your phone to a projector (like Irma) and are powered by the charger. If a phone charger provides enough juice, then you would only need your handset in the future.
For media junkies, you would have the option of viewing your media on the phone's screen, or by projecting it somewhere using only a charger and your phone (rather than e.g. a much larger & heavier laptop.
Sounds like win-win to me!
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?