Manufacturer 3M is projecting big things with its latest innovation: a tiny projector for electronic gadgets. The company has developed an LED-illuminated projection engine that’s designed to be incorporated into “virtually any personal electronic device”. It claims the engine can project at least a 40in, 640 x 480 image when it …
Somebody better with the mathematics than I am will be able to calculate just for how long a mobile phone battery would be able to shine a projected image of sufficient brightness over a 300 sq in. surface. Not very long, is my guess.
I'd like to carry a mobile with that thing. Even 5 seconds should be enough to show off!...
Energy usage - relevant?
If you could run it off a normal charger, I can see some huge benefits:
For roadwarriors, there are gadgets that can connect your phone to a projector (like Irma) and are powered by the charger. If a phone charger provides enough juice, then you would only need your handset in the future.
For media junkies, you would have the option of viewing your media on the phone's screen, or by projecting it somewhere using only a charger and your phone (rather than e.g. a much larger & heavier laptop.
Sounds like win-win to me!
- 'Windows 9' LEAK: Microsoft's playing catchup with Linux
- Review A SCORCHIO fatboy SSD: Samsung SSD850 PRO 3D V-NAND
- Was Earth once covered in HELLFIRE? No – more like a wet Sunday night in Iceland
- Every billionaire needs a PANZER TANK, right? STOP THERE, Paul Allen
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads