Brocade has cut a deal with Hitachi Data Systems to vend its storage management wares. HDS will resell Brocade StorageX: a suite of applications that handles file management and virtualization (when it isn't driving against Speed Racer, of course). StorageX gives a global namespace (that's presenting a single, logical view of …
Just to clarify; StorageX does not provide any namespace of its own in its current guise. It takes advantage of either DFS in CIFS/SMB environments or AutoMount in NFS environments.
Secondly, NetApp already resell StorageX as Virtual File Manager or VFM. This may or may not be the same as IBM's product.
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Review + Vid Apple iPhone 6 Plus: What a waste of gorgeous pixel density
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- 46% of iThings slurp iOS 8: What part of this batt-draining update didn't you like?