Brocade has cut a deal with Hitachi Data Systems to vend its storage management wares. HDS will resell Brocade StorageX: a suite of applications that handles file management and virtualization (when it isn't driving against Speed Racer, of course). StorageX gives a global namespace (that's presenting a single, logical view of …
Just to clarify; StorageX does not provide any namespace of its own in its current guise. It takes advantage of either DFS in CIFS/SMB environments or AutoMount in NFS environments.
Secondly, NetApp already resell StorageX as Virtual File Manager or VFM. This may or may not be the same as IBM's product.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor