Brocade has cut a deal with Hitachi Data Systems to vend its storage management wares. HDS will resell Brocade StorageX: a suite of applications that handles file management and virtualization (when it isn't driving against Speed Racer, of course). StorageX gives a global namespace (that's presenting a single, logical view of …
Just to clarify; StorageX does not provide any namespace of its own in its current guise. It takes advantage of either DFS in CIFS/SMB environments or AutoMount in NFS environments.
Secondly, NetApp already resell StorageX as Virtual File Manager or VFM. This may or may not be the same as IBM's product.
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update