Brocade has cut a deal with Hitachi Data Systems to vend its storage management wares. HDS will resell Brocade StorageX: a suite of applications that handles file management and virtualization (when it isn't driving against Speed Racer, of course). StorageX gives a global namespace (that's presenting a single, logical view of …
Just to clarify; StorageX does not provide any namespace of its own in its current guise. It takes advantage of either DFS in CIFS/SMB environments or AutoMount in NFS environments.
Secondly, NetApp already resell StorageX as Virtual File Manager or VFM. This may or may not be the same as IBM's product.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Analysis Apple's warrant canary riddle: Cock-up, conspiracy, or anti-Google point-scoring
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln