The path to enlightenment got a little shorter for the citizens of Tucson, Arizona and they have a hacker half-way around the world to thank. An Indonesian man who goes by the handle Hmei7 bypassed the city's firewall and executed a SQL injection on the website of the Tucson Police Department. That gave him access to the media …
He kisses them, which is a tad bit creepier.
As seen on this cached page of Cornell University: http://184.108.40.206/search?q=cache:zQfHxrxr6s4J:www.international.cornell.edu/overview/calendar.asp%3Fdate%3D11/15/2007+hmei7&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=8&gl=us
"Hmei7 has touched your soul."
And you didn't title the article "Hmei7 has touched your soul." ??
Pffft. The Register isn't what it used to be! I'm *so* disappointed! I'm canceling my subscription IMMEDIATELY!
Unfortunately you did not use the correct icon in expressing your displeasure with the Reg and are therefore awarded a double subscription. Note example to left.
It could be worse
"Hmei7 has touched your winkie"
That court case is supposed to be sealed! How did you get access?
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great