The Register uses cookies. Find out more.

back to article AMD lays down laptop platform plan

What's AMD got planned for notebook makers and buyers over the next few years? Its plans are broadly known - the 'Puma' platform will be released in 2008 followed by the first 'Fusion' architecture mobile CPUs the following year - but now we can begin to flesh it out a little. Puma incorporates 'Griffin', AMD's first mobile …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Alert

@Writer.

"The cores themselves are able to switch frequencies independently and quickly - in microseconds rather than milliseconds"

Strange, I always thought a millisecond is less time than a microsecond?, however after double cheaking micro lives between a mill and a nano.

Ahh well stupid me. Wiki strikes another blow against ignorance :)

-ano

Thumb Down

@Anon

""The cores themselves are able to switch frequencies independently and quickly - in microseconds rather than milliseconds"

Strange, I always thought a millisecond is less time than a microsecond?, however after double cheaking micro lives between a mill and a nano."

Its no surprise you fumbled around on the milli- / micro- subject, it would seem this sort of higher thinking would be a bit out of reach for you, considering your obvious difficulties with more basic and mundane tasks, for example, spelling...

I am AC and i approved this message

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums