European mobile operators will have to wait a while before they can deploy 3G technology into 900 and 1800 MHz, thanks to a power struggle between the EU Commission and its Parliament. There's widespread agreement that operators should be able to deploy 3G technologies into the 900MHz and 1800MHz bands, where they currently …
So they want to move 3G in to the frequency range used by 2G? I'm not a telecoms expert, but that sounds like shutting down 2G
Does this mean that everyone is going to have to have an expensive gadget that does everything you could possibly want, and nothing that you need?
If so, great news for those of us who don't use mobile internet, don't make video calls, don't want to download games etc
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- WHY did Sunday Mirror stoop to slurping selfies for smut sting?
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests