Intel held an "everything must go" transponder sale this week, shipping the telecom bits of its Optical Platform division to EMCORE for $85m. Lucky duck that it is, Emcore will have at Intel's tunable lasers, tunable transponders, 300-pin transponders and integrable tunable laser assemblies. The company figures that it can now …
Nice little company
The people I have known at EMCORE have been good, hard working people. I expect them to do well with this deal.
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- Shivering boffins nail Earth's coldest spot
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default