The FCC has revealed the list of bidders interested in owning a little 700MHz, a spectrum due for release in January next year with the switch off of analogue TV. Among the usual suspects is Microsoft founder and general investor-in-unlikely-things Paul Allen. Mr Allen is listed with Vulcan Spectrum, a company which seems to …
Paul Allen's megahertz
I am reminded of those old James Bond films, in which SPECTRE would broadcast their demands on all television channels all across the world. Perhaps if Paul Allen wins this auction, his spectrum will remain ominously dark until he comes up with a brainwave, or something he would like to share with the world; a threat, a promise, essential information on how to run our lives, or all three things, or more. Perhaps Paul Allen's megahertz will broadcast a matrix of shifting colours, beautiful and hypnotic.
If only a trust could be set up to buy this spectrum and donate it to the Time Cube man. He has a lot to say, and the internet is a constraining medium.
"Bidding will take place electronically through the FCC website, but only Windows users will be able to take part as Mac OS is not supported."
We don't have to worry about the Jobs and his iMob buying up parts of the spectrum and renaming it the i700, accessible only with a spiffy cool iProduct, and last year's iTech.
@ Ashley Pomeroy
Inspired. That is all.
700MHz attracts Paul Allen like Wiis attract cockroaches?
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Find email DIFFICULT? Print this article out and give it to someone 'techy'
- Back to the ... drawing board: 'Hoverboard' will disappoint Marty McFly wannabes
- Google+ goes TITSUP. But WHO knew? How long? Anyone ... Hello ...
- Comet Siding Spring revealed as flying molehill