The revised European Patent Convention (EPC) finally came into effect today – nearly a decade after it was first agreed that an overhaul of the system was needed. The convention applies to 32 member states of the European Patent Organisation (EPO) and will provide a new legal framework for patent protection. EPO's president …
Pity the translators...
One of the largest translation companies in the UK, RWS, expects to take a £1million hit from the "London Agreement". RWS reckons that doesn't really matter too much since its annual turnover is around £48million, but tell that to the French & German> English patent translators who have to reskill in another area of translation as nearly all of their potential work gets wiped out.
Continue to be l33t and I'll be round your place to kneecap the lame-ass lot of you
No No No No No No No No No No No No No No!
Please don't start using L33T speak.
It's bad enough on forums but not in an esteemed publication like The Reg
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base