Cisco says it is cooking up something called an "entertainment operating system" from second-hand bits of social networks, TV set-top box software, and a big blast of hot air. Operating system seems a rather grand description for the wheeze, which Cisco's top "media solutions" wonk Dan Scheinman began trailing at the firm's …
Admittance of defeat?
"The entertainment industry is struggling to deliver the We/Me experience, and still get paid for the valuable content they create."
"Rather than provide what the punters want, we'd prefer to control how they receive content to sell the crap we produce at cheap rates"?
(Whose definition of 'valuable' are we using here?)
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Video of US journalist 'beheading' pulled from social media
- Microsoft refuses to confirm 'Windows 9' unzip lip slip
- The Register to boldly go where no Vulture has gone before: The WEEKEND