Cisco says it is cooking up something called an "entertainment operating system" from second-hand bits of social networks, TV set-top box software, and a big blast of hot air. Operating system seems a rather grand description for the wheeze, which Cisco's top "media solutions" wonk Dan Scheinman began trailing at the firm's …
Admittance of defeat?
"The entertainment industry is struggling to deliver the We/Me experience, and still get paid for the valuable content they create."
"Rather than provide what the punters want, we'd prefer to control how they receive content to sell the crap we produce at cheap rates"?
(Whose definition of 'valuable' are we using here?)
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip