Cisco says it is cooking up something called an "entertainment operating system" from second-hand bits of social networks, TV set-top box software, and a big blast of hot air. Operating system seems a rather grand description for the wheeze, which Cisco's top "media solutions" wonk Dan Scheinman began trailing at the firm's …
Admittance of defeat?
"The entertainment industry is struggling to deliver the We/Me experience, and still get paid for the valuable content they create."
"Rather than provide what the punters want, we'd prefer to control how they receive content to sell the crap we produce at cheap rates"?
(Whose definition of 'valuable' are we using here?)
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Regin: The super-spyware the security industry has been silent about