Users running older versions of Skype risk attack from a newly disclosed vulnerability. A boundary error involving the Skype4COM URI handler creates a buffer overflow risk. This, in turn, provides a means for hackers to attack users running vulnerable versions of Skype who visit maliciously-constructed websites. The …
Not before time
I stopped using Skype as I found it too vulnerable to infiltration and rather unstable. Often it would cease operation in the middle of a contact without warning and re-establishing the contact was nigh on impossible. As I could not rely on it I stopped before I got hurt.
- Facebook offshores HUGE WAD OF CASH to Caymans - via Ireland
- Microsoft teams up with Feds, Europol in ZeroAccess botnet zombie hunt
- Justin Bieber BEGGED for a $200k RIM JOB – and got REJECTED
- Review Bigger on the inside: WD’s Tardis-like Black² Dual Drive laptop disk
- Inside Steve Ballmer’s fondleslab rear-guard action