Users running older versions of Skype risk attack from a newly disclosed vulnerability. A boundary error involving the Skype4COM URI handler creates a buffer overflow risk. This, in turn, provides a means for hackers to attack users running vulnerable versions of Skype who visit maliciously-constructed websites. The …
Not before time
I stopped using Skype as I found it too vulnerable to infiltration and rather unstable. Often it would cease operation in the middle of a contact without warning and re-establishing the contact was nigh on impossible. As I could not rely on it I stopped before I got hurt.
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Review Porsche Panamera S E-Hybrid: The plug-in for plutocrats