AMD has hired former MIPS CTO Mike Uhler to spearhead efforts around co-processors. The chip maker today announced the Uhler grab, heralding the fella as AMD's first ever VP of Accelerated Computing. Uhler will be charged with overseeing products such as graphics chips and other types of co-processors that can function as …
Uhler, Uhler, Uhler
The question isn't "what is he going to do," the question is "what isn't he going to do?"
Annointed Chief Makes Claim
AMD's newly "annointed" Accelerated Computing Chiefs first announcement herald's AMD's GPU/CPU operating at the unheard of speed 1239.532 googalplex. In a related story it's reported all the GPU/CPU processing speed is required in order to count it's clock cycles.
MIPS and AMD?!
Two parties with delusions of grandeur brought together -- what's next, SGI switching from Itanium to Opteron? 8)7
*contiues to pet his SPARCs*
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Anal-ysis Buying memory in the iPhone 6: Like wiping your bottom with dollar bills
- Bacon-related medical breakthrough wins Ig Nobel prize
- Teardown Pop open this iPhone 6 and see where the magic oozes from ... oh hello again, Qualcomm
- Competition Your chance to WIN the WORLD'S ONLY HANDHELD ZX SPECTRUM