AMD has hired former MIPS CTO Mike Uhler to spearhead efforts around co-processors. The chip maker today announced the Uhler grab, heralding the fella as AMD's first ever VP of Accelerated Computing. Uhler will be charged with overseeing products such as graphics chips and other types of co-processors that can function as …
Uhler, Uhler, Uhler
The question isn't "what is he going to do," the question is "what isn't he going to do?"
Annointed Chief Makes Claim
AMD's newly "annointed" Accelerated Computing Chiefs first announcement herald's AMD's GPU/CPU operating at the unheard of speed 1239.532 googalplex. In a related story it's reported all the GPU/CPU processing speed is required in order to count it's clock cycles.
MIPS and AMD?!
Two parties with delusions of grandeur brought together -- what's next, SGI switching from Itanium to Opteron? 8)7
*contiues to pet his SPARCs*
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24