So, you’ve got your PS3 all set up, nicely wired into your LCD TV... and it’s sitting there gathering dust ‘cause there are few decent games available for it yet. That’s the prognosis - the diagnosis is: treat yourself to an affordable set of speakers that will breathe life into your under-utilised console. Specifically designed …
So there are no good games for the PS3 available yet??!?!
When was this review written, 6 months ago?
not the speakers?
I wouldn't clear the speakers until you tried another pair. I'm thinking there could be slight differences in the way the sound is processed in each of the three modes. Maybe the DSP wasn't programmed right or maybe the wiring is slightly faulty. Whichever is the case it seems like the speakers are pushing the gain up on background noise and it is possible there's some sort of feedback loop going on.
Apart from that, I wouldn't expect £70 speakers to pump out white noise. Even my old Genius speakers with their relatively high noise floor can soon overwhelm the tiny amount of hiss with the sounds you actually want out.
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked