Leap Wireless will bid for the coveted 700MHz band - a juicy slice of the US airwaves - joining Google, Frontline Wireless, Cox Communications, and most likely Verizon and AT&T. The Federal Trade Commission plans to auction off the band at the end of January, and Monday was the deadline for joining the fun. That day, in a filing …
Cricket has service in my city, and it's a wonderfully refreshing company to deal with. Another group I'd like to see win the C block.
Though really, why are AT&T and Verizon even being allowed in on this, they both already have giant chunks of prime spectrum. Ir they win, it would only serve to keep things the same.
- Comment Renewable energy 'simply WON'T WORK': Top Google engineers
- Useless 'computer engineer' Barbie FIRED in three-way fsck row
- Game Theory Dragon Age Inquisition: Our chief weapons are...
- 'How a censorious and moralistic blogger ruined my evening'
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10