Leap Wireless will bid for the coveted 700MHz band - a juicy slice of the US airwaves - joining Google, Frontline Wireless, Cox Communications, and most likely Verizon and AT&T. The Federal Trade Commission plans to auction off the band at the end of January, and Monday was the deadline for joining the fun. That day, in a filing …
Cricket has service in my city, and it's a wonderfully refreshing company to deal with. Another group I'd like to see win the C block.
Though really, why are AT&T and Verizon even being allowed in on this, they both already have giant chunks of prime spectrum. Ir they win, it would only serve to keep things the same.
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- 166 days later: Space Station astronauts return to Earth
- What did you see, Elder Galaxies? What made you age so quickly?